[robocup-small] Simulator for RoboCup 2021 Virtual Tournament

Nicolai Ommer nicolai.ommer at gmail.com
Sat May 15 11:40:06 EDT 2021

Dear teams,

the deadline for choosing the simulator to be used has approached.
Unfortunately, there was not much feedback from teams so far.
Two teams said they prefer grSim, two prefer the ER-Force simulator.

The TC decided to *go with the ER-Force simulator
<https://github.com/robotics-erlangen/framework#simulator-cli>*, because it
is more realistic and more stable.
The simulator ships with a "RC2021" realism config that we will use.
We will still keep grSim as the backup-option, in case there are serious
issues with the ER-Force simulator during the tournament.

The ssl-simulation-setup
<https://github.com/RoboCup-SSL/ssl-simulation-setup> repository already
uses the ER-Force Simulator by default.

Regards,
Nicolai
RoboCup Small Size League | Technical Committee