[UWAB] Teach For America Info Session, April 5th

Mahadevan, Bhavna bmahadevan3 at gatech.edu
Mon Mar 29 17:40:49 EDT 2010

In the United States, only 1 in 10 children growing up in low-income communities will graduate from college. Teach For America is a national non-profit that enlists our nation’s most promising future leaders to teach for all 10.

Next week, Phi Sigma Pi is hosting a free Teach For America dinner. We invite you to join us as we discuss educational inequity, and learn how Teach For America is working to eliminate this great injustice right here in Atlanta as well as across the nation. At the event, you will also have the opportunity to talk with Georgia Tech’s 2010 Corps Members and learn about why they chose to join Teach For America’s mission. Here are the details:

What: Teach For America Information Session
When: Monday, April 5th 2010, 5:00pm-7:00pm
Where: D.M. Smith 105
Special Note: Free dinner will be provided. Donations are encouraged to benefit a current Atlanta Corps Member’s class.

We hope to see you on April 5th!

www.teachforamerica.org/underclassmen

Sincerely,

Bhavna Mahadevan