[robocup-small] Request for help with ssl-vision, client, and logplayer,

Michael Bleier michael.bleier at robotics-erlangen.de
Mon Aug 1 10:01:06 EDT 2016

Hi Bob,

> I'd like to ask a question about using ssl-logtools (logplayer,
> specifically) and ssl-vision (the program "client" or "graphicalclient",
> specifically) together. I hope that this is allowed on the mailinglist.

It is absolutely allowed. I would even say it is encouraged.

> Is ssl-logtools simply not up-to-date anymore with ssl-vision, or am I
> missing a crucial step? Are client and logplayer not supposed to work
> "out of the box"  together? This is on ubuntu 16.04, up to date, and all
> programs (vision, client, & logplayer) are executed on the same computer
> (non-sudo).

We noticed some problems during RoboCup 2016. There are some issues with
the different multicast implementations. The logplayer uses the Qt
framework for networking and the client from ssl-vision uses an own
implementation of multicast networking. The programs seem to use
different socket options which results in problems if you want to run
multiple programs on the same host. Unfortunately, we haven't fixed this
yet.

A workaround is to first start the graphicalClient from ssl-vision and
then start the logplayer. Some of the logs from this year include only
legacy vision packets. This log should work:
http://er-force.de/gamelogs/robocup2016/2016-07-01_cmdragons_tigers.log.gz

Cheers,
Michael