[robocup-small] Request for help with ssl-vision, client, and logplayer,

Bob Rubbens bobrubbens at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 09:40:41 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask a question about using ssl-logtools (logplayer,
specifically) and ssl-vision (the program "client" or "graphicalclient",
specifically) together. I hope that this is allowed on the mailinglist.

I have compiled both logtools and ssl-vision. When I start vision, start a
camera capture with read from files, and then start client, I get a steady
stream of camera capture packets. So I assume my client executable works
correctly. Now, my understanding is that logplayer can be used to playback
log.gz files to "spoof" vision packets (is this a correct assumption? It
doesn't seem to be clearly documented anywhere but that was my
understanding from looking at the source). However, when I start logplayer,
load a log.gz file (either from robocup 2016 or robocup 2013), hit play,
and then start client (from ssl-vision), no packets are received by the
client. I checked the sources and the addresses that both programs use for
multicast are the same. I'm not sure where to look further to debug this
issue.

Is ssl-logtools simply not up-to-date anymore with ssl-vision, or am I
missing a crucial step? Are client and logplayer not supposed to work "out
of the box"  together? This is on ubuntu 16.04, up to date, and all
programs (vision, client, & logplayer) are executed on the same computer
(non-sudo).

Kind regards,

Bob Rubbens