[robocup-small] SSL Vision and Referee Network Configuration

Andre R. andre at global-mainframe.com
Sat Jun 18 10:12:58 EDT 2011

Dear TC members,

we are currently setting up our network for the use in Istanbul.
Unfortunately I could not find any information about the configuration
of the "official" network (Vision + Referee).
To minimize setup time I recommend a uniform setting for all official
networks. The settings should include IP Address Range, Subnet Mask,
DHCP on/off, default gateways etc.
By the way, do we have a wired internet connection in Istanbul?

To reduce interferences with the other teams' network (the wired one,
not wireless) in the official segment we are currently using multicast
routing in our lab. For that to work, we had to modify the vision code
to increase the TTL of multicast packets to a value above 1 (we took 32).

Any furher information about the topic would be helpful.

Regards,
Andre Ryll
Tigers Mannheim
Vice Project Leader