[robocup-small] DC Motor Type: success stories ??

Anirudh Sivaraman sk.anirudh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 02:45:25 EDT 2008

Hi,

We haven't had great success in terms of cost too; but we thought the
FaulHaber 2232 fit our requirements ie size torque and rpm pretty
well. Including the gear head and encoder costs we got a quotation for
around 210 CHF. But FaulHaber's own drive is really costly ie around
380 CHF. So we are thinking of using LM 629 which is a standard motion
control chip and costs either 21 USD or 40 USD depeding on operating
frequency. The other option we are thinking of for the drive is the
PIC SERVO ( 30 USD ).

Does anyone know of cheaper options?

Regards
Anirudh