[robocup-small] End of discussions on the proposed rule changes

Nawarat Termtanasombat nawaratwrn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 16:17:44 EST 2005

Hi all, this is my opinion about the proposal.

INCREASE FIELD SIZE.
No change to the rules for 2006.
>FINE

WALLS
No change to the rules for 2006.
>FINE

LOCAL VISION
No change to the rules for 2006.
>FINE

RESTART RULES
This is not so much a rule change but a desire to rewrite some of the
restart rules that are not clear. For example the distance that the
defending robot must stay from the penalty mark during penalty kicks, is
it a semicircle distance or a line parallel to the goal line. For
example simplifying the rules regarding where to restart the ball. For
example including diagrams in the rules.
>FINE

OFFICIAL COLOURS
If a team wishes for their opposing team to use official colours then
they must, otherwise teams are free to use whatever colours they want.
(Of course it must still be yellow and blue markers, etc).
>FINE

GOALS
>FINE

BALL
>FINE

VIRTUAL ENERGY BUDGET
>FINE

PHYSICAL ENERGY BUDGET
No changes to the rules for 2006.
>FINE

INCREASE NUMBER OF ROBOTS
Three proposals for this rule change.
> A. no change

CHIP KICKING
We would like to redefine the rule regarding chip kicking for to
encourage using it to pass. The proposal is then:
> B , choice 1

LENGTH OF PERIODS / TIMEOUT / HALFTIME:
Two proposals here:
RED CARDS / SAFETY ENFORCEMENT: