[robocup-small] End of discussions on the proposed rule changes

Luis Martinez arrobalf at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 13:38:58 EST 2005

HI ALL

WE SEND OUR COMMENTS IN DEC 5, BUT WE WERE NOT IN
DAVID'S LIST SO ONCE MORE HERE ARE EAGLE KNIGHTS
(MEXICO) COMMENTS ABOUT RULES CHANGES.

INCREASE FIELD SIZE.

-> WE SUPPORT THE INCREASE OF FIELD SIZE (AS RAUL HAS
PROPOSED), WE THINK THAT THE GAME WILL IMPROVE AND THE
BALL WILL BE MORE TIME IN PLAY THAN IN RESTARTS.

WALLS

-> OK

LOCAL VISION

-> WE STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THERE MUST BE SOME KIND OF
INCENTIVE(FOR EXAMPLE, ALLOW TEAMS WITH LOCAL VISION
TO HAVE ONE MORE ROBOT PLAYING IN THE FIELD THAN TEAMS
THAT USE GLOBAL VISION) TO GRADUALLY START THE CHANGE
FROM GLOBAL TO LOCAL VISION.

RESTART RULES

-> EXCELENT, DIAGRAMS SHOULD HELP.

OFFICIAL COLOURS

-> THIS SOUND GOOD,BUT WE THINK WE SHOULD ALSO HAVE
OFFICIAL PINK,GREEN, AND CYAN MARKERS TO RESOLVE ANY
CONTROVERSIES BETWEEN TEAMS, IF WE HAVE IT FOR BLUE
AND YELLOW WHY NOT FOR THE OTHER COLORS AS WELL?

GOALS

-> GOOD, OSAKA NET WAS NOT STRONG ENOUGH AND WE SAW
SOME PROBLEMS WITH IT IN SOME MATCHES, THE ROUND STEEL
BAR SHOULD SOLVE THIS PROBLEMS.

BALL

-> OK

VIRTUAL ENERGY BUDGET

-> OK

PHYSICAL ENERGY BUDGET

-> OK

INCREASE NUMBER OF ROBOTS

-> OPTION A

CHIP KICKING

-> B2

LENGTH OF PERIODS / TIMEOUT / HALFTIME:

 -> A

RED CARDS / SAFETY ENFORCEMENT:

-> OK

FREE KICK/KICKOFF PROCEDURE:

-> OK

TWO ATTACKERS RULE

-> OK

                           LUIS A. MARTINEZ G.
                             EAGLE KNIGHTS
                               ITAM,MEXICO

 --- David Ball <dball at itee.uq.edu.au> escribió:

> Dear SSL,
>
> We need to bring the discussions on the proposed
> rule changes to an end.
> If you have not responded yet please do so now. I
> have seen responses
> from the following teams:
> B-Smart
> FU-Fighters (only on the field size)
> RFC Kothen
> Toin Albatross
> CoolRUNners
> ZjuNlict
> Owaribito-CU
>
> That is not that many teams!
>
> The original email is repeated below.
>
> The TC will look at the current discussions and get
> the 2006 rules
> finished and release them to the list in January.
>
> Regards,
> David Ball
>
> Dear SSL,
>
> This email gives the Technical Committee's proposed
> rule changes for 2006.
>
> These proposed rule changes come from community
> suggestions and from
> ones generated internally by the TC. The TC has
> considered many rule
> change aspects, some we were unanimous about, some
> we are split between
> multiple decisions. Therefore some rule changes have
> multiple options
> under them. Please read the following rule changes
> carefully and give us
> your thoughts. Remember that last year strong
> community feeling against
> some proposed rule changes did result in changes
> from the proposal to
> the final rule changes. Please tell us what you
> think, especially on the
> issues that have multiple proposals! Also if you
> don't think we have
> covered an issue that you think is important please
> raise it now. As
> this email is late, community discussions on theses
> rule proposals will
> be allowed until the 16th of December.
>

> INCREASE FIELD SIZE.
> No change to the rules for 2006.
>

> WALLS
> No change to the rules for 2006.
>

> LOCAL VISION
> No change to the rules for 2006.
>

> RESTART RULES
> This is not so much a rule change but a desire to
> rewrite some of the
> restart rules that are not clear. For example the
> distance that the
> defending robot must stay from the penalty mark
> during penalty kicks, is
> it a semicircle distance or a line parallel to the
> goal line. For
> example simplifying the rules regarding where to
> restart the ball. For
> example including diagrams in the rules.
>

> OFFICIAL COLOURS
> If a team wishes for their opposing team to use
> official colours then
> they must, otherwise teams are free to use whatever
> colours they want.
> (Of course it must still be yellow and blue markers,
> etc).

> [...]

     Laboratorio de Robotica
     ITAM, MEXICO