[robocup-small] Rule changes for 2005

Frank Sill frank.sill at uni-rostock.de
Thu Nov 18 04:55:01 EST 2004

Hello,

we want to summerize our thouhts:

> Change 2:
for generally handling of "ball out" we propose the following solution:

bringing the ball out should be a bigger disadvantage than it is now!
After the ball is out, the kick in team can have all robots within 40 cm
range around the ball the other team can only have two robots between 40
and 80 cm around the ball. The other robots can be placed somewhere on
the field.
This solves three problems:
- Penalty: Letting the ball go out is a penalty now
- Room: We gain more room between the robots on kick in - no more
circles of robots!
- Game flow: The ball can not bounce against another robot and go out again.

In our opinion, the proposed border of Raul doesn't solve the problem. It's a
step back. The task of the strategy-software is to prevent that the ball goes
out.

> Change 4:
The RoboCup league was founded to test and use new technologies. And see how
they work. Bluetooth does not interfere with other RF technologies. The used
transmission power is to small. It should be up to the team to deal with
the weaknesses of the used RF technology. Else, you have to ban all bluetooth
mobiles, too. And that could not be the solution.

> Change 6:

We agree with the opinion of Raul and some others, that at first the teams
should try to agree with the colors.

> Change 7:

Bad idea. We don't see any andvantages. You have enough pass-options with 5
robots. The decreasing of the room for every robot is a step back, also.

RClers, please, don't try to solve our problems with strong rules. The cause
should be solved, not the effect!

Greetings,

Cool Running
University of Rostock, Germany