[robocup-small] Rule changes for 2005

Yasuo Hayashibara haya at cc.toin.ac.jp
Wed Nov 17 20:07:28 EST 2004

Following is our opinion on the change of the rule.
We agree almost all changes. However, we think the change 6 and 7 is
not needed to make good game and improve SSL.
We don't disagree the change 6 and 7, they are not just needed.

Change 6:

>The EC/OC/TC will decide upon ALL yellows, blues, greens, cyans, and
>pinks allowed to be used by robots before the competition and will make
>enough of these colors available at the competition for each team to
>field 6 robots.
>
>Change 7:
>
>We will have 6 robots per team

We disagree of the limitation of battery.
The battery is not used only for motor, but also for electrical circuit
to make intelligence.
Our goal is to make intelligent robot. For example, some robots in SSL
have image processor in the machine. (the robot in Osayans has it.)
Image processing is the first step, I think. We also try to make such
robot by using high speed processor. The processor needs more electric
power than simple processor.
If we make the limitation of battery, we may retire to develop such robot.
I think it is not good decision for SSL.

If the limitation of battery is just applied for motor, we may agree it.

Yasuo Hayashibara
Toin Albatross

-----
haya at cc.toin.ac.jp