AW: [robocup-small] Rule changes in SSL

Raul Rojas rojas at inf.fu-berlin.de
Sun Nov 14 14:38:56 EST 2004

Just a comment about battery capacities. The real capacity can
differ sometimes by up to 20% from the nominal capacity. It also changes
with the age of the battery. So, what you want would be nice, but in
real life
some teams would end up having 20% more energy than others, depending
on battery brand.

>(c) Limit the battery capacity
>(d) No replacing of batteries allowed during the game

That is why my proposal to use an all-electronic referee in 2006
(I repeat 2006) includes the idea of doing some form of energy
management,
purely using the vision software and not by hardware.

Measuring energy consumption on the robot itself using hardware could be
also done, of course, but could lead to horrible discussions ("your
measuring
hardware is giving incorrect readings", etc.).

But again, this is a discussion relevant only, I think, for 2006.

Raul Rojas
FU Fighters Team