[robocup-small] Rule changes in SSL

Will Stokes wstokes at gingi.uchicago.edu
Sun Nov 14 18:43:02 EST 2004

> I disagree - Passing has nothing to do with a dribbler.

I'm not an active participant in RoboCup any more, but on this subject I
feel I must speak up. Without a horizontal dribbling surface, it is almost
impossible to receive passes in the SSL. No one really received a pass
before 2000 when Cornell placed horizontal dribblers on their robots.
Without a dribbling surface, the best a robot can do is to reflect the
ball either toward another fellow robot or the opponents goal.
We're trying to play soccer here, not pool/billiards. For the moment,
IMHO, dribblers have EVERYTHING to do with passing.
 | Will Stokes  - wstokes (at) gmail.com    |
 | Album Shaper - http://albumshaper.sf.net |