[robocup-small] Rule changes in SSL

Alexander Hofmann alexander.hofmann at gmx.at
Sun Nov 14 09:28:06 EST 2004

>Change 1: Limiting the dribblers distance
>According to Mr. Hofmann's email (on Nov 14th), who calls for a ban of
all
>dribblers. My opinion is that a game like FU Fighters did, was
absolutely
>fantastic and quick, but it was a step back in view of real soccer. (@
Fu
>Fighters, please do not take it personally) There was NO passing!!!

I disagree - Passing has nothing to do with a dribbler.

Change 6: markers & colors

Use active light - 3 Color leds at specific positions = 1 fix pattern.
The OC/TC decides one hour before the game which color patterns a team
can use.

Change 7: 6 robots per team on the field

>@ Mr. Hofmann: Where should a team with not that large budget build up
a >field with 84qm (middle size league) for testing?

The Mid-Size can do it, so do we! Test on smaller fields, only one half
of the field...

(a) Use the Mid-Size fields with smaller goals
(b) Use 6 robots
(c) Limit the battery capacity
(d) No replacing of batteries allowed during the game

This will definitely leed to optimzation of power consumption, passing
and speed control.

Change 8: 12 minutes per half; 5 minutes half time break

The time depends on Change 7.

Regards
Alex
Vienna Cubes