[robocup-nao] B-Human announces the use of code from rUNSWift's walking engine

Thomas Röfer thomas.roefer at dfki.de
Sat Jun 1 09:05:11 EDT 2019

Hi,

we hereby announce that the walking engine that we use this year is still based on code from rUNSWift's class Walk2014Generator from their 2016 code release.

Our changes to the engine are described in our 2017 team report and are released as part of our code release (https://github.com/bhuman/BHumanCodeRelease).

We have now also integrated the hip-based balancing that rUNSWift released in 2018, but so far we have only used it to make some of our old V4/V5 robots still walk for demos.

Many thanks to team rUNSWift for releasing their code and to Bernhard Hengst, the author of the Walk2014Generator, in particular!

Best regards

Thomas Röfer
(Team B-Human)

Dr. Thomas Röfer
DFKI Bremen
Cyber-Physical Systems
Cartesium 0.55
Enrique-Schmidt-Str. 5
28359 Bremen, Germany

http://www.dfki.de
https://www-cps.hb.dfki.de/about/staff/thro01

Phone: +49 (421) 218-64200
Fax: +49 (421) 218-9864200
eMail: Thomas.Roefer at dfki.de
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH

Geschäftsführung:
Prof. Dr. Jana Koehler (Vorsitzende)
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: