[robocup-msrs] changing the number of Robudog players inthesimulator

Nikos Vlassis vlassis at dpem.tuc.gr
Mon Jun 25 06:22:07 EDT 2007

> On 6/23/07, Dom Larkin <doml25 at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> > Using this technique seems to only solve the visualization problem in the
> > simulator. The services for the other three dogs are still loaded.

Hi all,

I am experiencing the same: even when I comment out all but one robot
in the manifest and modify the referee manifest, all services are
still loaded. It would be nice if there is a way to avoid this
programmatically.

BTW, there is some confusion in the names of manifests for the
robudog. The correct one (last version) seems to be
simulatedsoccer.robudog.fourrobudogplayers.manifest.xml
and not this one
simulatedsoccer.robudog.fourplayers.manifest.xml
The only difference is that the latter is using the simplesoccerplayer
service where as the former is using the simplerobudogsoccerplayer.

Even more confusing is the fact that the correct manifest is loading
from the old manifest
simulatedsoccer.robudog.fourplayers.state.xml
and not from the new one
simulatedsoccer.robudog.fourrobudogplayers.state.xml

Andrew, in your manifest you are using
<dssp:Contract>http://schemas.microsoft.com/robotics/2007/02/simplesoccerplayer.html</dssp:Contract>
which seems to use the simplesoccerplayer instead of the
simplerobudogsoccerplayer. Have you found a way to avoid loading the
other robot services programmatically?

cheers
Nikos