[robocup-legged] 11 vs. 11 on a Mid-Size League Field

Thomas Röfer Thomas.Roefer at dfki.de
Wed Apr 12 11:05:58 EDT 2006

> Mmh, mmh... "setup on the Center Court in a couple of
> minutes" for 4LL and HL teams and TV stations watching the
> Center Court...
> I have serious doubts that the performance of 4LL or HL teams
> will be the best if there is no time at all to adjust to the
> lightning conditions which with no doubt will be changing
> under such conditions.

Hello Oskar et al.,

the start of a game will not be the first time teams are able to play on the
center court. There will be preparation time in the evening before. Anyway,
we are currently investigating several ideas, and up to four leagues have to
agree on them (SSL, MSL, 4LL, HL), so this may take some time. However,
there is always the backup plan to just play on each league's own fields.

And yes, we will not buy a different carpet for the transportable center
court fields...

Best regards

Thomas Röfer

Dr. Thomas Röfer                   Office Address:
DFKI-Lab Bremen                    Universität Bremen
Safe and Secure Cognitive Systems  MZH 3060
Robert-Hooke-Str. 5                Bibliothekstr. 1
28359 Bremen, Germany              28359 Bremen, Germany
http://www.dfki.de                 www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~roefer

Phone: +49 (421) 218-4659
Fax:   +49 (421) 218-3054
eMail: Thomas.Roefer at dfki.de