[robocup-legged] 11 vs. 11 on a Mid-Size League Field

Thomas Röfer Thomas.Roefer at dfki.de
Mon Apr 10 18:29:12 EDT 2006

Hello,

> Therefore, we suggest to include issues related to 11-11
> games on the MSL field in the Open Challenge (OC).
> The only modifications needed to the OC rules is that the MSL
> field prepared for 11-11 can be used and teams which want to
> do so must announce it in advance (for organization of the MSL field).
> All other details of the OC rules remain unchanged (technical
> description,
> 3 minutes, any number of Aibos, etc.).

in general, this is a good idea, but there are some organizational problems.
First of all, the normal Mid-Size fields are in a different hall, about 300
m away from the Four-Legged League. In the same hall as the Four-Legged
League is the Center Court, which is a Mid-Size field, but according to the
current schedule (which is not final) the Center Court is occupied during
the entire play-offs. As the Center Court is a shared resource, the
schedules of the different leagues are tightly coupled, which might make it
impossible to have the Center Court available for the Open Challenge, unless
we move it to the days of the preliminaries, which are already very crowded
(non-stop games 9:00-19:30).

The situation may change if we determine that it is not possible to have
transportable Four-Legged and Humanoid fields that can be setup on the
Center Court in a couple of minutes. However, currently we still believe
that the semifinals and finals of the 4LL and the HL can be played on the
Center Court in addition to several MSL games.

- Thomas Röfer, LOC