[robocup-legged] AIBO_2006 Teams.

saman aliari samy_442 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 07:43:18 EST 2006

  Dear all,

    I have a suggestion related to the number of teams in AIBO_2006 league. I propose to have a 32-team AIBO league in RoboCup_2006 because of the following reasons.

     First of all, According to the rules and AIBO_2005 league results, 13 teams are automatically considered qualified without passing qualification step; therefore, 11 teams are to be selected from 26, i.e. 39 minus 13,  pre-registered AIBO soccer teams which does not seem to be fair. Because more than half of the participating teams, approximately 54 percent is qualified before qualification phase.

     Moreover, with a large number of pre-registered teams, it seems reasonable to increase the number of participating teams to 32 teams. A similar scenario happened in France real soccer World Cup 1998! where the number of partaking teams raised from 24 to 32.

  Best Regards,
  ::Saman.a