[robocup-legged] Legged GameController 2006

Mon Feb 6 21:46:47 EST 2006

Hi all,

   The first beta of the 2006 GameController is available from:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/GameController/

You want the file: GameController2006-10.tgz

There have been some largish changes since last year's controller:

   - This game controller can control up to an 11x11 game (defaults
to 4x4)
     - NOTE: This required a change in packet format.
   - This game controller has a second timer
     - Used to time the "Set" state and automatically move to "Ready"
     - Used to time timeouts
   - The way the buttons are handled internally has changed.  I hope
this fixes the problems some people were having.
   - The window is now dynamically laid out, and so can be resized.
   - It is possible to silence the gamecontroller (using the -quiet
argument before the team numbers)
   - There is a check box specifying if this is a penalty shootout
     - This affects the new SecondaryState field.  In a penalty
shootout, a forward should only move if it is kicking off, and a
goalie should only move if it is not kicking off.  With this setup,
all robots can remain powered on during the shootout and we can
use the gamecontroller to start kicker and goalie at the same time.

Please let me know if you have any comments, suggestions or *gasp*
encounter any bugs.  My first thought is to change the penalty-
shooting UI from just a check-box to something easier to handle, but
I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

Be well,

Will           :-}

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 8306 0424               Computer Science and Engineering

Web: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/   or  http://www.nicta.com.au/

NICTA email Disclaimer:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/NICTAEmailDisclaimer.html
UNSW email Disclaimer: