[robocup-legged] 11x11 RoboCup match

Cetin Mericli cetin.mericli at boun.edu.tr
Fri Jan 6 15:58:10 EST 2006

Hi Hamid and All,

HRV> Hi all,

HRV>    I don't believe in 11x11 RoboCup Match as a strong
HRV> research area because of some reasons that Pedro mentioned. but
HRV> the idea that robots  from different teams could play together
HRV> (that Diter said ) is totally  fantastic and challenging. So as a
HRV> proposal I think we should better forget about 11x11 match and
HRV> discuss about team of 4 AiBos from 4 different teams that are
HRV> selected randomly. and when a mixed team wins, all 4 teams get
HRV> points. It is more reasonable and no extra field or material is
HRV> needed.

     Although I think that your idea is yet another good one, it would
     not be a replacement for an 11x11 game. Moving to a larger field
     with more agents is among the long term goals of the league, and
     in my opinion, 11x11 demo game on a larger field with worse
     physical conditions would help us to see the hindering parts of
     our fundamental approaches because now, especially in multi-agent
     planning part, so much theoretical mistakes are just hidden by
     the limited number of agents and relatively small field.

     I am definitely supporting your idea to have 4x4 games among 8
     robots from 8 teams, but I also think that having an 11x11 game
     would be amazing and challenging. I am keen to see that game.

     cheers,
     cetin

--
Çetin Meriçli