[robocup-humanoid] Workshop to discuss rules, simulator API, server specifications, and robot models for virtual competition: Tue, March 9, 8pm CET

Maike Paetzel-Pruesmann paetzel-pruesmann at uni-potsdam.de
Fri Mar 5 15:44:24 EST 2021

Dear Humanoid League Teams,

we will host a small workshop next week to discuss the following topics
in more detail:

- Rulebook and remaining issues (e.g. Forceful contact detection)
   - See https://hl.forum.robocup.org/t/2021-rule-discussion/467
   - See
https://hl.forum.robocup.org/t/discussion-forceful-contact-and-direct-free-kicks-for-virtual-competition/468
- API Interface for communication between the simulator and the robot
control software
   - See
https://hl.forum.robocup.org/t/api-specifications-for-virtual-soccer-competition/472
- Specifications for the server instances
   - See https://hl.forum.robocup.org/t/server-specifications-for-v-hsc/473
- Specifications for the robot models
   - See
https://hl.forum.robocup.org/t/discussion-virtual-competition-specifications-for-models/469

The workshop will be organized as follows:

- 30 Minutes will be used to introduce the 4 topics
- 1 Hour will be dedicated to discussions in smaller groups to work on
one of the topics mentioned
- In the end, 30 Minutes will be dedicated to concluding what were the
opinions brought by the league

The workshop will take place on Tuesday, March 9, at 8pm CET. We are
meeting on Field A on the league's Discord server:
https://discord.gg/vXJ8Ex42

Getting input from as many teams as possible is crucial to ensure the
infrastructure we are setting up works for as many teams as possible -
so please consider having at least one person from your team joining us
in this workshop.

See you on Tuesday,
Maike