[robocup-humanoid] New HL communication schema: spotlight videos, office hours on discord, newsletter

Maike Paetzel-Pruesmann paetzel-pruesmann at uni-potsdam.de
Mon Mar 15 18:06:54 EDT 2021

Dear Humanoid League teams,

the Organizing Committee of the Virtual Humanoid League 2021 has decided
on a new communication schema to get teams up to date on a weekly basis
with regards to the status of the event organization:

(1) Spotlight videos
We will publish a short spotlight video every Monday, summarizing
important discussion topics and releases of documents from the last week
and giving an overview of upcoming events. The first spotlight video can
be found on our RoboCup Humanoid League News channel:
https://youtu.be/4DP1VqxCado

If you want to get notifications when we upload a new video every
Monday, please make sure you subscribe to the channel as we will not
send a weekly reminders about the video uploads.

(2) Office Hours
To have an easy way to get in touch with us organizer, ask questions or
discuss issues you have with the organization, we will have weekly hours
were one or multiple of us will be available for voice and chat
communication on our league's Discord server. These hours are:
Tuesdays, 9 am - 9:30 am CET and
Tuesdays, 5 pm - 5:30 pm CET
You will find us in the "Office Hours" voice channel on Discord. These
office hours will start tomorrow and will continue until further notice.

(3) Newsletter
Every Thursday, we will send out a newsletter on the humanoid league
mailing list, summarizing the important topics from the spotlight video
as well as answers to questions that were brought up in the office hours
on Tuesday. This is ideal for people who are not fond of the video
format but who still want to remain up to date with the organization of
the virtual competition.

With the rapid updates on the organization of the league, we hope this
new pipeline allows us to keep teams informed without creating an
overload on new information on a daily basis.

Cheers,
Maike (for the Humanoid League Organizing Committee)