[robocup-humanoid] Qualifications results for Humanoid League

Ludovic Hofer lhofer at labri.fr
Fri Feb 22 17:10:24 EST 2019

Dear teams,

Please find attached the results of the qualifications process. They
will soon be shown on the RoboCup website as well.

*Qualification results*

There were a total of 36 applications (20 for KidSize, 10 for TeenSize
and 6 for AdultSize). This year we had 2 rounds of reviews and some
teams were requested to improve the content of their qualification
materials, globally we noticed major improvements in the quality of the
material between the two rounds.

Based on the average grade from the reviews, some teams are fully
qualified and others are qualified for Drop-in only.

  * Fully qualified: 19 teams for KidSize, 8 teams for TeenSize, 6 teams
    for AdultSize
  * Drop-in Only: 1 team for KidSize, 2 teams for TeenSize.

*Robot Inspection*

All teams should be aware that according to the rules, there will be an
on-site inspection during the set-up days of the competition. Therefore,
*all teams should show up during the set-up days*. This rules applies to
all robots (even commercially available robots). Current draft of the
rules is available on the robocup webpage:
https://www.robocuphumanoid.org/materials/rules/.**Final rules will be
published on March 1st.

*Referee duties*

All teams are reminded that it is their responsibility to provide at
least one team member with detailed knowledge of the rules as a referee.
*This year, the referee will also have to contribute to the robot
inspection.*

*Official letters of qualification*

Official letters of qualification will be e-mailed to team leaders
shortly. All qualified teams are expected to submit an email confirming
their commitment to participate as soon as they have confirmed their
funding. A deadline for this will be provided in your letter. Please
note that the letters provided to you by the Technical Committee may not
be used for the purpose of requesting a visa. Only letters provided to
you by the Local Organizing Committee of RoboCup 2018 after you have
completed your registration may be used for this purpose.

We are looking forward to seeing you all in Sydney for RoboCup2019.

The Humanoid League Technical Committee

(Hafez, Jacky, Michael, Maike, Reinhard, Soroush and Ludovic)