[robocup-humanoid] RoboCup 2016 Humanoid League Laws of the Game

Jacky Baltes jacky at cs.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jun 2 09:53:53 EDT 2016

Hi,

I just realized that we never send a draft of the new laws to the teams for
review!!!!!!!! - Please correct me if I am wrong - And it is June now!!!!!
In that case, we cannot use the new rules and have no choice but to play
with the old 2015 rules.

Our complete incompetence on finishing our ONE AND ONLY JOB - GET THE RULES
READY FOR NEXT YEARS COMPETITION has now convinced me that we should get
rid of the TC all together. We would have been much better off and gotten
feedback had we posted the rules in January to the teams.

I cannot believe that we managed to sit on our ass for 5 month (time that
should have been spent (a) discussing the refactoring, or (b) FIX THE RULES.

And for the people on the TC that have contributed one message or less ,
you really should re-examine why you want to be on the TC.

We all need to apologize to Reinhard and Soroush, who actually did do a lot
of work and now find out they wasted their time because of incompetence of
their fellow TC members.

I suggest to get rid of the TC and post rule suggestions to the general
humanoid mailing list (not that there is much traffic on it anyway) and
then vote with all team leaders.

CU,
   Jacky