[robocup-humanoid] A useful survey on servo motors for humanoid robots

Tarang Shah tarang at acyut.com
Tue Feb 24 10:54:24 EST 2015

Hello,

I am Tarang Shah, a member of Team AcYut from BITS Pilani, India. We wanted
to do a survey in relation to certain problems we were facing, primarily in
connection with the motors on our humanoids.

We consider ourselves a young team but not infant w.r.t the Robocup
humanoid leagues(2011,2013 Teen Size) and we still face some challenging
issues. Hence we understand that a barrier to entry does exist for teams
which are completely new to this league. Such a crowd sourced survey would
not only help them but also other teams like ours.

We have tried to make the survey such that its results will benefit other
Humanoid Leagues teams as well.

We plan to consolidate and release the data we obtain from this survey to
the whole Robocup HL community after a few weeks.

We hope you can share your experience of the motors with other humanoid
league teams through this survey. I request all past and current Robocup
teams and anypne who has used servo motors for robots to contribute.
This is the link to the survey we have made. Do fill it up soon!

http://goo.gl/forms/YWvRJQOQfg

Thanking you,

Regards,

Tarang Shah