[robocup-humanoid] Rule Discussion for 2012

Alejandro Malo Tamayo alexmalo at ctrl.cinvestav.mx
Thu Nov 24 19:33:19 EST 2011

Hi
On Nov 24, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Daniel Seifert wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 19:12, Dorian Scholz <scholz at sim.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
>> On 11/23/2011 05:42 PM, Alejandro Malo Tamayo wrote:
>>> Regarding the rules of the game I believe that they should agree with
>>>  FIFA's. The throw in is rule 15,
>>> its states that "A goal cannot be scored directly from a throw-in."
>>> A goal kick is awarded if the ball enters the goal of the opponent, if it
>>> enters its own goal a corner kick is awarded.
>>

> The point probably is that it is extremely unlikely that a goal keeper
> manages to throw a goal on an actual sized soccer field.

I believe FiFA's rules are complete and consistent. Otherwise their business would be in peril. However, their interpretation require kind of "professional" referees. Anybody know one there? Also, Robocup may choose (1) apply, (2) not apply or (3) modify a rule, but it would be best for all the knowledge of the elected path and its reasons.

Law 16 considers the case when the ball exited the goal line.
"A goal may be scored directly from a goal kick, but only against the opposing team"
otherwise the ball is in play (Law 9) and the goalkeeper can score from a punt, since the ball is in play. By Law 12 the goalkeeper can not keep control of the ball in his hands for more than six seconds. An indirect free kick is the penalty.