[robocup-humanoid] Rule Discussion for 2012

Dorian Scholz scholz at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Nov 24 13:12:12 EST 2011

On 11/23/2011 05:42 PM, Alejandro Malo Tamayo wrote:
> Hi
> On Nov 15, 2011, at 2:11 PM, Daniel Seifert wrote:
>
>> Hi, Dorian,
>>
>> my response to some select parts of your email is below.

>>> A penalty should be decided upon, if the goal keeper actually throws the
>>> ball directly into the other teams goal.
>>> We think handling it in a similar way as if the ball had rolled out of the
>>> field over the goal line would be appropriate.
>>> So the ball would be placed on the half way line, but on which side has to
>>> be decided by the referee.
> Regarding the rules of the game I believe that they should agree with  FIFA's. The throw in is rule 15,
> its states that "A goal cannot be scored directly from a throw-in."
> A goal kick is awarded if the ball enters the goal of the opponent, if it enters its own goal a corner kick is awarded.
This seems to be a slight misunderstanding. The original formulation
"throw-in" was not completely correct.
We are not talking about the goalie doing a "throw-in" after the ball
has been out of bounds, but rather the goalie picking the ball up and
throwing it from inside it's own penalty area.
I could not find any FIFA rule that gives any specifics about this
situation, as this is neither a "throw-in" nor a "goal-kick".
I would think it is closer to a "goalkeeper punt" ("Abschlag" in
German), but this is also not specified in the FIFA rules.
Also I looked at the Futsal rules, which seems to be the official FIFA
indoor soccer, but found nothing to clarify this issue.

So, as there are no FIFA rules about this, I think we should decide upon
one specifically for RoboCup...

Cheers
Dorian