[robocup-humanoid] A couple of suggestions

Dirk Thomas dthomas at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jun 24 11:14:43 EDT 2011

> 1) May I suggest  a change in the layout of the GameController, to move the Kickoff Team&  Game State Groups to the inmediate right or left of the Score&  Special Time Groups, in this way all the buttons associated to the game state are nearer.

Changing the GUI in such a way that short before the RoboCup is generally not a good idea.
Many teams are already using the GameController and are used to the current layout.

Personally, i think that the current layout makes perfectly sense.
The order from left to right makes sense and is based on the timing of events.

May be we can talk about this i Istanbul for future improvements.

> 2) During penalties and the technical challenges the referee must give a "start signal" (14.6/19/19.4).
 > From the GameController point of view, since these events do not follow the ready/set/play sequence, can I assume that the start signal is the start of the  clock?

It is not mandatory to use the GameController for penalty shoots and the challenges.
But you are free to use any game state to signal your robot when it should start/stop a trial.

The time of the GameController starts on the first switch to "play".
But the official timekeeping is performed by the referee.

Best regards,
Dirk Thomas