[robocup-humanoid] Rule for 2011?

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Feb 2 15:59:11 EST 2011

Dear Masaki Ogino,

> I am one of the organizers of Humanoid League in JapanOpen2011.

It is good to hear that JapanOpen continues with such
an experienced local organizer!

> I would like to know the final decision of the rule for 2011.
> (the size of the field is changed?)
>
> If available, would you publish the latest version of the rule?

The main rule changes decided in the team leader meeting
during RoboCup in Singapore were posted on the mailing list
in Nov 2010.

I think your main interest is the layout of the field
to prepare for JapanOpen.

Orginally it was decided in Singapore to double the field size
for TeenSize and AdultSize.
However, because of very recent developments the TC members
are discussing the possibility of postponing the doubling
of field size until 2012.
The results should be known and announced in about 2 weeks.

But please be aware the that field size for KidSize remains unchanged
and that all goals in all sizes do not change from last your to this year.

So you can perhaps reuse a major part of the equipment from last year's
JapanOpen.

I hope this helps.
Please to not hestitate to contact the TCs
directly, see http://www.tzi.de/humanoid/bin/view/Website/Committees2011

We will try to react as our other duties allow us to do.

We wish much succes to JapanOpen!

Best regards,
Oskar von Stryk