[robocup-humanoid] 1st Rules Draft

N. Michael Mayer nmmayer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 02:37:56 EST 2009

Hi,

This is the anouncement of the first draft.
http://140.123.106.120/files/2009_HL_rules_1st_draft.pdf

Issues among others:

1. Since there was no feedback from potential AdultSize teams I
reduced in the first draft the minimal size to 130cm. This is of
course preliminary and requires more discussion inside the committees
and the mailing list.
2. Initially we wanted to follow the suggestion to remove the Free
Kick as much as possible in order to simplify the rules. However, it
is difficult to completely replace the free kick by time penalties in
the case of a goalie. Thus, the first draft contains both time
penalties and free kick.
3. Best Humanoid award: The process to define the Best Humanoid award
has to be adjusted to the fact that we are going to have 3 size
classes.

Michael