[robocup-humanoid] Start of Rule Discussions

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Sep 22 16:34:23 EDT 2009

Hi Jacky,

Thanks for your initiative!

I am comparing with my notes and commenting only on the points which are
missing or different on my notes from the team leader meeting on July 4th.

> Goals:
> ------
> The goals will be changed to look more like soccer goals and more
> similar to the SPL. They will have nets [vote: 8/2] which are open on
> the back, so that robots can be removed. The poles are either
> unicolour blue/yellow or textured [vote: 6/1].

The majority of votes was in favor of a unicolored goal frame.

Goal posts and crossbar should have the same diameter (which is not the
case in the SPL).

The height of the kidsize goald should be 80cm (instead of 90cm).

> Diameter and height of corner poles:
> ------------------------------------
>
> We voted to change the corner poles two 45cm height and 10cm
> diameter [vote: 7/3]

And it is furthermore planned to remove the halfway poles in the
midterm future (i.e. in 2011 or after).

> Colours:
> --------
> We decided not to allow other colours, but the robots must stay
> black. We will add to the rules a specific clause which states that
> the feet of the robot must be black [vote: 10/2].

The feet must also be solid shape.

> Refereebox:
> -----------
> To encourage teams to use the refereebox, the discussion was to give a
> 10s advantage to teams that use the refereebox [vote: 7/3].

10s advantage in any stoppage of the game.

> Teen Sized Games:
> -----------------
<...>
> similar challenge. The decision was that to allow games, we must split
> the HL into three classes (Kid < 60cm, Teen < 120cm, and Adult > 130cm

TeenSize is <= 120cm and also >= 100cm.

> with possible a minimum weight restriction). The Teen class (< 120cm)
> will start 2 vs 2 matches, but the Adult class will continue with
> dribble and kick or a similar challenge.

Further requirements discussed were (if I remember right):
- No robot handlers in 2-on-2 games on the field during play.
- It must be possible to stop robots in games remotely.

For 2010 we also discussed a transition of teams with robots currently
  >120cm and <130cm into the new AdultSize.

Unfortunately, there was not enough time in the team leader meeting
to discuss about the technical challenges.

Regards,
Oskar