[robocup-humanoid] almost ready

Emanuele Menegatti emg at dei.unipd.it
Thu Feb 15 04:01:24 EST 2007

Dear all,

I fully support the remark of Thomas and let me add that before
releasing the qualified team list, the TC had also to double check
space availability and possible schedules for the competitions.
If we had too much teams and too little space and time the
competition would be impossible.
(and this is another time consuming task).

Said this we are sorry for being late, but we are almost there.

Cheers,
EMA

On 15/feb/07, at 01:01, Thomas Röfer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry, I don't see the problem here. The selection committee is
> late with
> their decision. Such things happen. As far as I know, the committee
> has to
> review videos and TDPs of approx. 50 teams. Several teams sent more
> than one
> video, and TDPs can have lengths of up to 12 pages. So that's
> several hours
> of video-watching (and assessing) and reading up to 600 pages of
> text. In
> addition, decision-making around the globe is always hard because
> of the
> different time zones.
>
> So I don't think that sending unfriendly e-mails will speed-up the
> decision-making process (or at least I hope so for the authors of such
> e-mails).
>
> Best regards
>
> Thomas Röfer
> (B-Human)

> _
> Dr. Thomas Röfer                   Office Address:
> DFKI-Lab Bremen                    Universität Bremen
> Safe and Secure Cognitive Systems  Cartesium 00.055
> Robert-Hooke-Str. 5                Enrique-Schmidt-Str. 5
> 28359 Bremen, Germany              28359 Bremen, Germany
> http://www.dfki.de                 www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/
> ~roefer
>
> Phone: +49 (421) 218-64200
> Fax:   +49 (421) 218-9864200
> eMail: Thomas.Roefer at dfki.de
> Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
> Firmensitz: Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
>
> Geschäftsführung:
> Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
> Dr. Walter Olthoff
>
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
> Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
>
> Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313

Emanuele Menegatti, Ph.D.

Intelligent Autonomous Systems Laboratory (IAS-Lab)
Department of Information Engineering
The University of Padua
via G. Gradenigo 6/A
I-35131 Padova - ITALY