[robocup-humanoid] ?: One question about the position of Imagesensor.

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Feb 2 06:03:22 EST 2007

Dear Chew Chee, Dear Changjiu, Dear Teams,

1.
You are absolutely right. No rule should be based on "twisting of English".
If there is uncertainty in the formulation it must be clarified.
This should idealy happen in the time frame which had been set for rule
discussions.

2.
The rule now in question is 4.3.

The wording in the rule draft for 2007 is **exactly** the same
as in the rules used for 2006 when it was allowed
to our team to use a camera in the robot's chest as we did
in RoboCup 2006. It was also allowed to use omnivision camera
or two cameras (one looking forwad and one looking backward in the
head) as it was done by other teams in RoboCup 2006.

At this time, it is impossible that there can be any changes in
the rules for robot design or their interpretation.
All teams have worked on their robots and submitted
qualification material.

However, a discussion about future changes in robot design
(especially for 2008) should be initiated on the mailing list
before July. Then we will be better prepared for
future rule discussions and votings on the last day of RoboCup 2007
(when there is usually only too little time for that).

With best regards,
Oskar von Stryk

--
Prof. Dr. Oskar von Stryk           E-Mail: stryk(at)sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Simulation and Systems Optimization Phone:  ++49 (0) 6151-16-2513