[robocup-humanoid] Rule proposal for PK

Emanuele Menegatti emg at dei.unipd.it
Mon Jan 22 08:57:07 EST 2007

Dear all,

Sven Behnke and I would like to prosope the following:

- to place the ball for penalty kick within the center circle

This would give the goalie a chance.
Currently, the good strikers kick hard into one corner and the goalie
has zero chance to save the goal.
Increasing the distance would make it sligliy harder for the striker
and increase reaction time for the goalie.

we successfully  tried this procedure during the demos at Humanoid06.
See some pics and clips at

http://www.dei.unipd.it/~emg/whs2006/demos.html

Please let us know what you think of this.

Cheers
Emanuele

Emanuele Menegatti, Ph.D.

Intelligent Autonomous Systems Laboratory (IAS-Lab)
Department of Information Engineering
The University of Padua
via G. Gradenigo 6/A
I-35131 Padova - ITALY