[robocup-humanoid] About Pre-registration

Jacky Baltes jacky at cs.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jan 10 10:20:55 EST 2007

Hi,

1.) The kid and teen sized leagues are independent leagues. You must
register your two teams in the respective class sizes. Registration fees
must be paid for each league as wel.

2.) Qualifying with the kid sized team does not mean that your teen sized
team will qualify and vice versa.

3.) You must pre-register to be allowed to compete

4.) If you can not fulfill all parts of the qualification then do as much as
you can. Submit the team description paper and give technical details about
your robot. Describe what has been completed so far. For example, if your
robot can not do a full penalty kick, then show a video of your robot
walking, standing, etc.

5.) The technical committee will look at the submitted pre-registration
material and select the best  teams (i.e., the ones with the best
demonstrated performance). So if most of the teen sized robots can not do a
penalty kick, then a team which has a walking robot can qualify.

So in short, pre-register seperate kid and teen sized teams and demonstrate
as much capabilities of your robots as you can. Also make sure that you
submit a proper description of your robots in the team description paper.

CU,
   Jacky

On 1/10/07, Weichao Liu <weichaoliu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Humanoid TC and OC members,
>
> I'm the leader of HHITimEr RoboCup soccer team. We've been developing
> humanoid robots for about three years. We do have several kid-size humanoid
> robots. But we want to develop two completely new teen-size humanoid robots
> for the RoboCup 2007 in Atlanta.
>
> I guess that it's probably impossible for us to complete those two robots
> before the deadline of pre-registration. I want to know how we can be
> accepted if we're not able to complete them before the deadline. I'm sure
> that we are gonna make it before the competition. And I believe that our
> humanoid league will welcome every new team to join the big family. So, I'm
> wondering about being accepted.
>
> BTW, our kid-size robots satisfy the criteria for qualification. I wanna
> say that the teen-size robots we are building will be qualified for the
> competition too.
>
> Please let me know how we can get accepted :-)
>
> Thanks in advance & have a good day!
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Weichao Liu

Jacky Baltes, EITC E2-402 Department of Computer Science, University of
Manitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
Phone: +1 (204) 474-8838, Fax: +1 (204) 474-7609
Email: jacky (AT) cs.umanitoba.ca
http://avocet.cs.umanitoba.ca