[mlpack] automatic benchmarking of mlpack methods - GSoC Project 2013

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Thu May 30 05:22:24 EDT 2013

Hello everyone.

I have been accepted to work on automatic benchmarking of mlpack methods this summer (as a part of the Google Summer of Code
program) under the mentorship of Ryan, and I'm very grateful for this opportunity.

To give you a quick overview, my project is to write support scripts which will run machine learning methods especially from MLPACK, but
also from competing libraries and produce runtime informations. With this up-to-date benchmarks the developers get information which
change sets have caused speedups or slowdowns. If anyone is interested in exactly what I'm going to be working on, do take a look at
my proposal, which is available here[1].

If anyone needs to contact me, this is my primary email. I'm 'marcus_zoq' on IRC. I'm geographically located in UTC+2.

Starting today, I'm going to concrete the project and getting familiar with the code, documentation, etc. Any advice is welcome :)

Looking forward to a great summer.

Regards,
Marcus

[1] https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/marcuszoq/1