[mlpack] GSoC - 2013 Collaborative Filtering - Introduction and Initial thoughts

Mudit Gupta mudit.raaj.gupta at gmail.com
Fri May 31 14:49:21 EDT 2013

Hello Everyone,

My proposal for "Collaborative Filtering Framework for mlpack" submitted to
mlpack has been selected as a part of GSoC - 2013. I am thrilled to receive
this opportunity and honoured to wok with mlpack.

Over the summer I will be working on implementing a flexible collaborative
filtering framework which would include implementation of some major
algorithms and writing supporting classes. The design, plan and time line
is elaborated in the submitted proposal which is publicly visible here:
https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/muditrajgupta/85002

I would love to hear thoughts, comments and improvements in design and
strategy. This is my primary email and my skype handle is mudit.raaj.gupta
. My primary location for the summer would be India (+5:30)

I am starting with a review of the design and familiarizing myself with the
coding standards during the community bonding period.
Will try to keep the mailing list updated with activities related to the
project.

Hope to have a great summer!

Best,

Mudit Raj Gupta

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 4:03 AM, Ajinkya @ GaTech <akale at gatech.edu> wrote:

> sounds good
>

> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Mudit Gupta <mudit.raaj.gupta at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Ajinkya,
>>
>> Thank you for reviewing the proposal and your reply. I will just polish
>> it throughout the application period.
>> I once again thank you for your help during the process.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Mudit Raj Gupta
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:24 AM, Ajinkya @ GaTech <akale at gatech.edu>wrote:
>>
>>> Dont worry about it, you should be fine.
>>> I think we get the general idea about your plan.
>>>
>>> Good luck!

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ajinkya