[Women at CC] Announcing 2020 I.Am.GradComputing Spring Workshop

Whitlow, Jennifer N jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 29 10:31:35 EST 2020

Enrollment Programs
View this email in your browser<https://mailchi.mp/755fc6628901/2017-tapia-and-grace-hopper-student-travel-scholarships-now-open-2920607?e=610eb0cd40>

Applications Open for Spring 2020 I.AM.GradComputing Workshop!

[https://mcusercontent.com/de853fab347fb5756a5423781/images/5a7183ce-213d-4f6d-9494-ff95f915804e.jpg]
We're excited to announce that registration for the 2020 I.AM.GradComputing Workshop is now open!

The I.AM.GradComputing Workshop is an annual research-focused workshop for undergraduate students in computing, who self-identify as women, that stresses research skills, networking, exposure to senior women in computing, and career planning. The goal of I.AM.GradComputing is to improve the success and participation of women in computing research, with the long-term goal of increasing the number of undergraduate women later pursuing a computing-related graduate degree.  Seventy participants will be selected from colleges and universities throughout Georgia.

I.AM.GradComputing is structured into sessions that cover a variety of topics that are of concern to all undergraduate students, but also address issues that are more likely to arise for female identifying students. We’ve invited faculty and researchers in computer science and engineering from academia and industry to mentor and speak with participants throughout the workshop. There will also be sessions for resume/cv advising and networking with participants around shared interests. The workshop will begin on Thursday night February 27 with dinner and a fireside chat, concluding on the afternoon of Saturday, February 29.

The application<https://gatech.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de853fab347fb5756a5423781&id=b46a3a331f&e=610eb0cd40> for student participants is now open. If you are interested in participating, please complete the application by Wednesday, February 5.  We will confirm your participation after the application closes. All participants will receive stipends to cover transportation. Students participating from colleges or universities from outside the metro-Atlanta area (outside of the I-285 loop) will be provided with a hotel room for Thursday and Friday evening.

We hope to see many of you at the 2nd annual I.AM.GradComputing Workshop!

Sincerely,

Dr. Ayanna Howard, Georgia Institute of Technology
Jennifer Whitlow, Georgia Institute of Technology
Dr. Adriane Randolph, Kennesaw State University
Dr. Patricia Vela, Agnes Scott College
Dr. Jerry Volcy, Spelman College

[https://mcusercontent.com/de853fab347fb5756a5423781/images/e0b49d67-4520-46d6-9b69-3592fe1aa2f7.png]
 [https://mcusercontent.com/de853fab347fb5756a5423781/images/d5afdf7e-a532-4823-8330-15bba0339f0d.png]      [https://mcusercontent.com/de853fab347fb5756a5423781/images/f3a9ddeb-7be5-49ca-9464-af78ec4de0c7.png] [https://mcusercontent.com/de853fab347fb5756a5423781/images/62117989-00b7-468b-8419-03ee6696b3b8.gif]      [https://mcusercontent.com/de853fab347fb5756a5423781/images/6889e2ab-f253-4e23-880d-2ebdfdc15bf4.png]

If you have any questions about the 2020 I.AM.GradComputing Workshop, please contact Jennifer Whitlow<mailto:jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu?subject=Conference%20Scholarships>, Director of Computing Enrollment & Alumni Engagement at Georgia Tech.

Georgia Tech College of Computing · 801 Atlantic Dr NW · Atlanta, GA 30332-5682 · USA