[Women at CC] Facebook Above & Beyond CS and VMware New Grad Software Engineer Launch Applications Now Open!

Michel, Megan E megan.michel at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Aug 18 16:13:42 EDT 2020

[https://mcusercontent.com/de853fab347fb5756a5423781/images/e813aea9-a756-4c38-9431-65840c4a7211.png]<https://www.cc.gatech.edu/>
Career Services                                                                    8.18.2020

Facebook Above & Beyond CS (ABCS)

Deadline to Apply: 8/21/2020

[https://mcusercontent.com/de853fab347fb5756a5423781/images/e885a241-5e2d-4869-8d82-a2fe19d16dcf.png]<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NS9WW8Z>

Our fall ABCS program is a 10-week workshop series with Facebook software engineers across the country. These workshops are designed to help you master the knowledge, skills, and mindsets for a successful technical interview in industry. Although virtual, we hope that our ABCS program will offer an opportunity for you to get to know a community of peers, practice applied problem solving, and take advantage of mock phone screens to prepare for opportunities this fall.

Participants will:

  *   Master key data structures and algorithms through applied practice answering the interview-type questions with peers and engineers
  *   Build comfort and confidence with interview best practices and mindsets that will prepare you for success at the whiteboard
  *   Be empowered to drive your own development through curated practice materials and challenges
Requirements:

  *   Anticipated graduation in 2022 or 2023
  *   Completed Data Structures or Algorithms course (or equivalent) at your university
  *   Can commit to attending 8/10 workshops
  *   Can join weekly workshops virtually
How to apply?
If this sounds interesting, students can apply here<https://bit.ly/ABCSFALL2020>. The deadline to apply is August 21st.
When does ABCS launch?
The Fall ABCS Program launches the week of September 14, 2020. We do have limited space so we urge students who are interested to please apply as soon as possible. We will host sessions on Tuesdays at 6:30 PM ET and 6:30 PM PT and Wednesdays at 6:30 PM ET and 6:30 PM PT for 1.5 hours. We ask that you can attend 8/10 sessions.

What is the time commitment?
Attend a virtual session one day per week. We will provide the dates and times in advance.

Why are we doing this?

  *   Learning and development is important at Facebook. We are always encouraging each other to hone their skills and continue to grow. We want to provide you with resources to help you stay engaged, gain some new skills/experiences, and provide you with tools that can help in next steps with future job opportunities.

  *   Last Fall, 76% of our program participants landed competitive summer internships or jobs in tech. Even if it’s not at Facebook, we hope these skills will propel you into your next internship or full-time job

Click here to apply now!<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NS9WW8Z>

Click here for more information. <https://gatech.box.com/s/djbie9u81sj3nvqhos3bhawadusm94x3>

VMware New Grad - Software Engineer - Launch

Applications Open Now!

[https://mcusercontent.com/de853fab347fb5756a5423781/images/9e226614-c76c-458f-a04a-c2e3a7126eef.jpg]<https://careers.vmware.com/main/jobs/R2009349?lang=en-us>

Position: New Grad - Software Engineer - Launch
Location: Palo Alto, California
We are hiring for the following teams: End User Computing, Storage Applications, Networking Security, Cloud Platform, Cloud Native, Cloud Management Business Unit
Job Role & Responsibilities
At VMware, we're building new possibilities for our customers by accelerating digital business transformation. We're modernizing data centers for greater agility and productivity, integrating public clouds for faster time to market, empowering digital workspaces to improve mobile experiences, and transforming cyber security. You can be a part of this amazing transformation that will impact our customers and businesses around the world. How? By joining VMware's University Launch Program.
University Launch is an immersive R&D new graduate program specifically designed for recent college graduates at the Bachelor’s level. University Launch new graduates will experience in-depth exposure to VMware’s products and business, best-in-class technical training opportunities, and career-boosting mentorships. This program will bring new graduates together and kickstart an impactful journey in VMware’s Product organization.
Required Skills (vary depending on role in R&D):

  *   Completing a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
  *   Passionate about technology and how it is changing the world for the better, especially within the cloud computing technologies space

  *   Coursework in progress or completed in (some) of the following: operating systems, distributed systems, cloud computing, networking, story, data mining, web development, user interface design
  *   Knowledge in one or more of the following: C, Java, C++, Python, Go, HTML, CSS, Angular JS

Click here to apply now!<https://careers.vmware.com/main/jobs/R2009349?lang=en-us>

[Instagram]<https://instagram.com/coc_careers>
Instagram<https://instagram.com/coc_careers>
[Handshake]<https://gatech.joinhandshake.com>
Handshake<https://gatech.joinhandshake.com>
[YouTube]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HH645dcHuPFO0DTvniCFA?view_as=subscriber>
YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HH645dcHuPFO0DTvniCFA?view_as=subscriber>

This email was sent to Megan.Michel at cc.gatech.edu<mailto:Megan.Michel at cc.gatech.edu>
why did I get this?<https://gatech.us1.list-manage.com/about?u=de853fab347fb5756a5423781&id=31f6696dcb&e=&c=3eb5838a74>    unsubscribe from this list<https://gatech.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=de853fab347fb5756a5423781&id=31f6696dcb&e=&c=3eb5838a74>    update subscription preferences<https://gatech.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=de853fab347fb5756a5423781&id=31f6696dcb&e=>
Georgia Tech College of Computing · 801 Atlantic Dr NW · Atlanta, GA 30332-5682 · USA