[Women at CC] Reminder: I.AM.GradComputing Workshop | Student Applications Open!

Whitlow, Jennifer N jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 24 18:17:40 EST 2019

Dear students,

We are pleased to announce I.AM.GradComputing Workshop. The I.AM.GradComputing Workshop is an inaugural research-focused workshop for undergraduate women in computing that stresses research skills, networking, exposure to senior women in computing, and career planning. The goal of I.AM.GradComputing is to improve the success and participation of women in computing research, with the long-term goal of increasing the number of undergraduate women later pursuing a computing-related graduate degree.  Seventy participants will be selected from a diverse set of undergraduate women from institutes located in the Southeast region of the U.S.

The planned I.AM.GradComputing Workshop is structured into sessions with topics that are of concern to all undergraduate students, but also address issues that are more likely to arise for female students. We’ve invited female faculty and researchers in computer science and engineering from academia and industry to mentor and speak at the workshop. There will also be sessions for resume/cv advising scheduled for February 15th and a hackathon for social good scheduled for Saturday, February 16th. The workshop will begin on Thursday night February 14th with dinner and a fireside chat and run through until Saturday night, February 16th.

The application for student participants is now open. If you are interested in participating, please complete the application by January 31st - https://icgatech.wufoo.com/forms/q1bu7uhh0yz6zgi/

Sincerely,

Ayanna Howard, Georgia Institute of Technology
Jennifer Whitlow, Georgia Institute of Technology
Adrianne Randolph, Kennesaw State University
Patricia Vela, Agnes Scott College
Tiffany Watson, Spelman College