[Women at CC] Women in STEM opportunity

Whitlow, Jennifer N jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 22 13:48:57 EST 2017

Please see the below opportunity from Dr. Dana Randall.

________________________________

Good morning! I am reaching out to you on behalf of the SCIENTISTA INTERCOLLEGIATE SYMPOSIUM planning committee. The Scientista Foundation is a national nonprofit organization committed to empowering pre-professional women to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, and math/medicine (STEM). We do so by providing inspirational content, communities, and conferences for women in STEM.

We would like to invite any interested students (undergrad and grad) to attend and/or participate in our third annual intercollegiate Scientista Symposium<http://wisewordsmagazine.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7151035624221fc772f3ff2eb&id=54196c5da7&e=0486470c08> which will be hosted by Microsoft and will take place April 8-9, 2017 in New York City! The conference is a great career-building opportunity that allows students to share original research across ALL scientific disciplines. There will be speakers, panelists, and workshops. Discounted early bird tickets are available now!

Postdocs, research associates, and professors are encouraged to participate as well - we are looking for judges for the poster fair. Could you please pass this email along to anyone who might be interested?

We hope to work with you to empower women in STEM! Additional information is provided below and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

Best wishes,
The Scientista Symposium Planning Committee

ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM
The Scientista Symposium is a three-day conference that aims to empower pre-professional women to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) by introducing them to inspirational role models and by providing them with opportunities to hone valuable skills. The Symposium will bring together approximately 300 undergraduate and graduate women from across the country.

Our programming, themed "Scientistas Stand Up! Becoming a Leader in STEM" will cover a range of topics from research to business to social good. It will include inspirational talks and panels, a poster fair, and ample opportunities for students and professionals to network.

Register here<http://wisewordsmagazine.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7151035624221fc772f3ff2eb&id=59616ad774&e=0486470c08>!

*If you are looking for funding, students have obtained travel grants from their university departments and student activities offices, so those would be great resources to keep in mind.

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
What makes the Scientista Symposium truly unique is our platform for women in STEM to present their original research to a national audience of peers and judges. The process of presenting one's work on a national forum is an invaluable opportunity that can help instill confidence in young women.  We are encouraging students currently involved in research to submit an abstract for the "Poster Fair" portion of the symposium. We would greatly appreciate if you could pass this message to any students you think applicable, particularly college seniors who are writing theses.

Students may submit their abstracts here<http://wisewordsmagazine.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7151035624221fc772f3ff2eb&id=691c253b66&e=0486470c08>

BECOME A JUDGE
We are looking for postdocs, research associates, professors, and any other experts to judge the poster fair! You may sign up through this link<http://wisewordsmagazine.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7151035624221fc772f3ff2eb&id=422e251c9c&e=0486470c08>.

ABOUT SCIENTISTA
The Scientista Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that empowers pre-professional women in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) through content, communities, and events. Our mission is to address the lack of resources, community, and role models for college women in science and engineering.  Scientista serves to connect all communities of women in STEM at campuses across the nation and internationally, giving such important organizations more visibility and resources, and building a strong, cohesive network of women in science that can act as one voice.  Scientista is currently the largest network of campus women across STEM disciplines with chapters and affiliates at 15+ universities across the country and internationally
Website: www.scientistafoundation.com<http://wisewordsmagazine.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7151035624221fc772f3ff2eb&id=89d8d24a2a&e=0486470c08>
Email: symposium at scientistafoundation.org<mailto:contact at scientistafoundation.com>
Instagram: @scientistafoundation
Twitter: www.twitter.com/scientista_talk<http://wisewordsmagazine.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7151035624221fc772f3ff2eb&id=8a023d17c4&e=0486470c08>