[UWAB] You're Invited: NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing GA Affiliate

Jennifer Whitlow jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 20 15:40:04 EST 2012

On behalf of the National Center for Women and Information Technology and the College of Computing's Office of Outreach, Enrollment, and Community, I would like to invite you to participate in the 2011-2012 Georgia NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing event. The event will take place on Friday, February 10th from 4:30pm-7:00pm at the Academy of Medicine in Atlanta, GA (http://www.academy.gatech.edu/Pages/default.aspx). We are very excited about this year's event because we have the opportunity to recognize many accomplished and inspiring students.
The NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing honors young women at the high-school level for their computing-related achievements and interests. Awardees are selected for their computing and IT aptitude, leadership ability, academic history, and plans for post-secondary education. The NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing offers both a national and local "affiliate" competitions to generate support and visibility for women's participation in communities nationwide. For more information on the award and NCWIT, please visit http://www.ncwit.org/award/award.index.php.
We hope that you will be able to attend this event. To RSVP, please visit http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GA_Aspirations. If you have any questions regarding the event, please let me know.
Jennifer

Jennifer Whitlow
GT College of Computing