[UWAB] Opportunity to Mentor High School Robotics Teams

Jennifer Whitlow jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 11 15:01:17 EST 2012

Hi Everyone!

I'm sending this email out because many of you have shown interest in mentoring and providing outreach to local high school students. On Saturday, January 7th the FIRST Robotics Competition kicked off. Students have 6 weeks to build, program, and test their robots for the competition. There are several local high schools that are looking for college students to mentor their teams and provide guidance and knowledge. Some of the schools are participating for the first time ever, while others have been at this for a while. The schools who have asked for mentors are below. If you are interested in helping, please let me know and I will put you in touch with the contact at that school.

*         Banneker High School - College Park, GA

*         Grady High School - Atlanta, GA

*         West Lake High School - Atlanta, GA

Please send this on to your organizations and friends who may be interested in helping out. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Jennifer Whitlow
GT College of Computing