[UWAB] Women at CC Welcome Back Events and Grace Hopper

Alissa Hartenbaum ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu
Tue Aug 14 19:52:38 EDT 2012

Hi girls!

It's that time again... the time to get psyched for another great year!

Women @ the College of Computing has some great events planned this semester. To start, we have three "Welcome Back" events:

1) Thursday, August 23rd we will have a Pool Party in the CRC from 6:00-8:00pm. The CRC has asked us to get a head-count, and to fill out waivers. PLEASE RSVP to ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu if you would like to attend.

2) Join us for delicious Frozen Yogurt at the Yogli Mogli in Tech Square on Monday, August 24th at 6:30pm.

3) Thursday, August 30th, come to the Craft Center in the Student Center from 6:00-8:00pm. We will be painting ceramics.

If you know any female CoC students (especially freshmen) who are interested in joining Women at CC, please let them know about these events! Bring them along and introduce them to the club!

Our regular meetings will begin Thursday, September 6th. They will occur weekly from 8:00-9:00pm in the College of Computing Building room 354.

The 2012 Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing will be held October 2nd-October 6th in Baltimore, MD. You can attend FOR FREE by applying for a scholarship through the Office of Outreach, Enrollment, and Community ( http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GraceHopper2012 ). This scholarship includes conference registration, hotel, and airfare. Applications must be submitted by 11:45pm on Friday, August 24th to be considered for the scholarship. Decisions will be made by Monday, August 27th and scholarship recipients will be notified by Tuesday, August 28th. I strongly encourage everyone to apply for this amazing opportunity!

If you have any questions or concerns, please email me (ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu) or Kaitlin Powell (kpowell32 at gatech.edu).

See you all soon!
Alissa Hartenbaum

ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu
Computational Media Undergrad - Georgia Institute of Technology
Co-Chair Women @ the College of Computing