[UWAB] College of Computing Accepted Student Overnight Hosts Needed

Jennifer Whitlow jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 2 14:18:08 EDT 2012

Hi everyone!

Our second College of Computing Accepted Student Overnight for 2012 will be taking place next week - Thursday, April 12th and Friday, April 13th. We have 38 students currently registered and will be accepting up to 40 students for the program. We are looking for current students who live on campus and are available to host one or more prospective students overnight and who are able to help with the activities on Thursday and Friday. Below is a general schedule of events:

Thursday

1.       Registration 4:30-5:30 (need 2-4 volunteers)

2.       Campus Tours 5:00-6:00 (need 2-4 volunteers)

3.       Dinner and Social Activity 6:00-9:00 (need as many volunteers as possible)

4.       With Overnight Hosts 9:00 until Friday morning (need as many volunteers as possible)

Friday

1.       Breakfast 8:00 or 9:00 depending on which class they attend

2.       Attend a 1XXX CS Course 9:00 or 10:00 (need 1 -2 volunteers to escort students to class)

3.       Research demos in TSRB 11:15-12:15 (need 2-4 volunteers)

4.       Lunch in Student Center 12:30-1:30

5.       Focus Group 1:30-2:00 (no volunteers needed)

6.       Closing Session 2:00-3:15 (1-2 volunteers needed; preferably one CM and one CS)

Please let me know if you are able to help with any of the activities above. This event is very important as deposits for attending GT are due on May 1st and for many of these students, it will be there first GT campus experience.

Jennifer Whitlow
GT College of Computing
Program Coordinator for Enrollment
jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu