[UWAB] Women at CC Award Announcement

Linda Huynh lhuynh at gatech.edu
Tue Oct 25 09:56:24 EDT 2011

Good morning girls!

I wanted to let you in on some exciting news.  The National Center for Women
& Information Technology (NCWIT) and Return Path have selected Women at CC to
recieve the Return Path Student Seed Fund grant!  We are going to use the
funding to support costs for the Grace Hopper Conference coming up in a
couple of weeks.

The Return Path Student Seed Fund is a $500 award given to student-run
programs and initiatives that promote increased participation of women in
computing and IT programs.  The award is given to organizations whose
initiatives align with NCWIT's mission by proposing activities, events, or
other programs that will recruit, retain, and support women in technology-
and computing-related majors.

NCWIT is the National Center for Women & Information Technology, a 501(c)(3)
coalition that works to increase diversity in IT and computing. NCWIT
believes that greater diversity will create a larger and more competitive
workforce, and promote the design of technology that is as broad and
innovative as the population it serves. NCWIT focuses on improving diversity
across the entire spectrum: K-12 through college education, and on to
academic, corporate and entrepreneurial careers.

I hope you all are excited as I am to receive this award!  I look forward to
seeing those of you who are able to attend there in Portland, Oregon!

Sincerely,
Linda