[UWAB] Thoughts for CoCaesar's

Linda Huynh lhuynh at gatech.edu
Mon Feb 7 22:30:28 EST 2011

Hello girls,

I was thinking about CoCaesar's and rememberd that a lot of you wanted to
know what you could do before this week's meeting.  I thought of the
following:

First of all, look at the swiki stations
page<http://swiki.cc.gatech.edu:8080/WUAB/171>and sign up for one or
more slots. We need as many girls as we can manning the stations for
the
*entirety *of the event.  While the OEC might be hiring a company to run the
gaming tables, it is our responsibility to take care of the social part of
the event.  One of the reasons we did not have a CoCaesar's last year was
because some of our members did not take this responsibility seriously.  You
can obviously take breaks, but please remember that we are the organization
hosting the event.  We have other events to relax; this is one we have to
work at to pull off.

Second, once you sign up, think about the ways you would decorate your
station with our theme (right now, it's "black, white, and red").  What
colour is your tablecloth?  What is the centerpiece?  How are your chairs
arranged?  We can use everyone's ideas for how they want their station
decorated to come up with a coherent theme across the entire event.
 Remember, the devil is in the details!

Third, advertising.  How can we advertise the event to get the maximum
amount of people to show up?  Kristin, our faculty advisor, recommended
placing playing cards around the CoC Commons with hints about "an upcoming
event."  For those of you artistically inclined, start thinking about
posters that we can print out to hang up around the Commons and anywhere
else we can legally put them.  We need submissions as soon as possible.

Here are some other things to think about:

What prizes are we going to raffle off?  Guests will have the opportunity to
trade in their coins for raffle tickets so we are going to need prize ideas.
 Large or small, we can determine what we can actually get at the next
meeting.

Kristin also mentioned that we could also use the event to spread word about
the wonderful student organizations we have at the College.  If you want to
help, you all could find a "Did You Know?" about one of our student
organizations.  It'll help you guys learn about them and we can spread them
around the Atrium for other people to see!

I know this was long, but you all did ask. ;)  If you have any thoughts,
send an email to me (lhuynh at gatech.edu) or Alissa (ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu).
 See you all Thursday!

Sincerely,
Linda