[UWAB] Fwd: [ccleaders] Upcoming Yield Efforts within the College of Computing

Pham, Candis E cpham3 at gatech.edu
Thu Feb 18 08:35:34 EST 2010

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
To: ccleaders at lists.gatech.edu, uwomen at cc.gatech.edu, minorities at cc.gatech.edu, sab at cc.gatech.edu
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 5:58:42 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [ccleaders] Upcoming Yield Efforts within the College of Computing

**Student leaders, please forward to your organizations.**

Are you interested in helping impact the Fall 2010 Freshman class? We have several opportunities for you to get involved in our yield efforts. One of the biggest impacts on a student’s decision to attend a University is their sense of belonging within that college. Below are 2 of the events that will be coming up in the College of Computing:

· As one of our many yield efforts this year, we will be holding letter writing parties for the underrepresented accepted students (females, Hispanics and Blacks). If you would like to hand write a welcome letter to one of these students, please join us this Wednesday and Thursday (February 17 th and 18 th ) from 3-5pm in CCB 354 (Conference room).

· We will also be holding an overnight event for all accepted CS and CM majors on March 7 th - 8 th and April 18 th -19 th . If you are interested in hosting students, giving campus tours or doing research demos, please let me know.

Thank you!

Jennifer

Jennifer Whitlow

GT College of Computing