[UWAB] Fwd: notes about Crash the Rec

Pham, Candis E cpham3 at gatech.edu
Mon Oct 12 12:37:01 EDT 2009

From: Jon Cohen < jcohen at gatech.edu >

Thank you everyone for your help with Crash the Rec. Despite problems
getting started, it worked out. The survey feedback was very good.
Some people wrote that it was better than last year. Only a few wrote
that the drinks were late. People left happy, showing that we
completed our goal. We had exactly 100 people sign in. I am not sure
if that includes people from other organizations.

Thanks to Minorities at cc and Women at cc for helping out. ESP...you all
did awesome! A lot of survey feedback was about how fun the video
games were. You all also brought a lot of people.

I want to recognize Brian and Aaron for taking initiative and showing
leadership while we were having the problems that we did.

Some of the problems were things we should have done differently, but
others were beyond our control. For items beyond our control, I will
be meeting with college faculty members to make recommendations for
changing the agreement between student organizations and college
faculty so that this does not happen again. It is especially a problem
since our sponsor's representatives were upset.

Thanks again and good job to everyone who helped with the event.

(Organization leaders, please pass this information on to your organizations.)

-Jon Cohen
College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology

Student Activities Board Chair