[UWAB] Fwd: Upcoming College of Computing Recruitment Events

Pham, Candis E cpham3 at gatech.edu
Sun Mar 29 18:09:20 EDT 2009

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Jennifer N Whitlow" <jennifer.whitlow at gatech.edu>
To: "Michael Stephen Slaughter" <mslaughter3 at gatech.edu>, "Candis E Pham" <cpham3 at gatech.edu>, "Daniel R Grim" <Grim at gatech.edu>, "Brittany Duncan" <gth656g at mail.gatech.edu>, "Teddy Stotis" <gtg862w at mail.gatech.edu>, "Ajai Karthikeyan" <ajai at gatech.edu>, "Ryan Sloan" <rsloan3 at gatech.edu>
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 3:10:52 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Upcoming College of Computing Recruitment Events

Hey everyone!

Here are some upcoming recruitment events. We need as much help as possible at most events because we have an increased number of students attending due to making their final college decisions. We also have several high school groups coming to visit.

Student leaders, please send this email out to your group because we need lots of help.

Please let me know which of the following events you can help out with:

Monday 3/30 (2pm-3pm) - Connect With Tech...We need someone to sit at the table and answer questions and direct students to the room where Tom Pilsch gives an info session. This takes place in the Student Center Ballroom

Friday 4/3 (10am-11am) - Friday Morning info session. At the moment we only have one family registered. All you have to do is talk about CS and CM and what all we offer in the College of Computing as far as co-ops/interns, study abroad, and student orgs. This takes place in the student orgs room.

Friday 4/4 (4pm-5pm) - Welcome Weekend Info Session. Same as before but this is geared towards minority recruitment. I would love to have some M at CC members attend. This takes place in the Student Success Center.

Saturday 4/4 (12:30-1:30) - Saturday Info Session. This is pretty much like the Friday info session but takes place in the Student Success Center. Candis and Teddy have done this before.

Monday 4/6 (2pm-3pm) - Connect with Tech. Same as above

Wednesday 4/8 (10-12) - We have two different information sessions on this day. We have the regular morning information session for students and parents. We also have a group of 8th graders from Lovett coming to do a robotics tour/information session.

Monday 4/13 (12:30-2:30) - Preview GT. A series of information sessions that will take place in the student center. More details to come if you're interested in helping.

Wednesday 4/15 (10-12) - Information session for a group of Lovett High School Students

Thursday 4/16 (9-11:30) - Information session for a group of Norcross High School Students (big group...and I have a final presentation to give during this time)

Friday 4/17 (9:30-12:30) - Information session for a group of Luella High School Students

Sunday 4/19 (2-4) - Accepted Women's Reception. I need one of the Women at CC to help with this. I will be out of town that weekend and will be on my way home on Sunday, so I basically need someone to get it set up and fill in until I can get there. You basically just sit at a table and talk to parents and students...most of the time you just sit there. This will be different though because we have several girls coming to the overnight event after this so you will have waiver to get them to sign for the event and will meet with them and their parents.

I know there are a lot of events but for some reason they all fall this last month of school...much like most of our final projects and presentations. So if you can help with any or all of them please please let me know! If you can help this upcoming weekend (April 3-4) that would be great because I will be out of town!

Thanks,
Jennifer Whitlow

--
Candis Pham